Cutting Faux Leather - Cricut Explore Air 2
**Article updated 04/17/2021
**Disclaimer: This blog post may contain affiliate links.
I own an Explore Air 2 and these are the settings I use, but they also work with the Maker. If you have any questions, leave a comment down below!
Cutting Faux Leather with your Cricut Machine
- Place material face down on the Standard Grip (green) mat.
- Select and size your images and load the mat into the machine.
- Adjust your machine settings using the guide below.
- Press the flashing 'Go' button.
Settings for Cutting Faux Leather
- Turn the Smart Dial to 'Custom' and select Faux Leather (Paper Thin) from the list of materials within Design Space.
- Blade: Premium Fine Point
Cricut recommends using the Standard Grip (green) mat for faux leather, but if it's thicker than usual, I would recommend trying the Strong Grip (purple) mat. It's best to place the material face down so the blade doesn't rip through the back of your project. It happened to me quite a few times before I learned this trick!
Looking for Faux Leather? Check out our shop: